Bidstar knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do
What Personal Information About Members Does Bidstar Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at Bidstar. We use
the information to process payments, communicate with you about payments and organisations that you are a supporter
of, or have indicated you are interested in, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display
content and recommend organisations and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to
improve our site and service, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out
technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other
way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of
our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising
the service for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For
example, like many websites, we use ‘cookies’ and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to
enable systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised content and storage of items
in your shopping basket.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new
cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the
of some of Bidstar's essential features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. For instance, if you block or
otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to use any Bidstar products and services that require you to sign
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Bidstar share the Information it receives?
Information about users is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
Bidstar shares customer information only as described below:
- Charities: If you have won and paid for an auction, we will share your personal details (name, address and email
address only) with that charity. If you make a donation to a charity, we will also share details of what you have
donated with the charity, along with your personal details (name, address and email address only) along with any
gift aid declaration that you make online. We will not share other information we hold about you (for example
information on other organisations that you are a supporter of or interested in) with an organisation unless you
consent to us doing so.
- Your Payment Details: We will never disclose your card or bank account details to any party, other than to our
payment service provider for the purposes of processing your payment.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, for
example processing credit card payments and providing marketing services. They have access to personal information
needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses. In such transactions,
customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in
substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred
- Protection of Bidstar and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is
appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of
Bidstar, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud
protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or
otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from members for commercial purposes in a way that is
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to
third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
software, which encrypts information you input.
- We will NEVER store your credit or debit card details on our servers.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and
disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally
request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to
sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
Bidstar gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Bidstar for
the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Bidstar, please contact us at email@example.com and we will try to
resolve the issue for you.
notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see
and your account.